5 Spring Trends That Will Stay Timeless
It's nearly time to pack away those sweaters and take your favourite spring essentials out of storage. Although I'm generally a fan of timeless pieces that can work season to season, I also like to add a few trendy touches to my wardrobe when the weather changes to keep up with what's hot at the moment. The five styles below are all on trend right now, but they're also relatively classic and won't go completely out of vogue in the blink of an eye.
1. White Shirtdress. This trend is great because there's a good chance you already own something similar. A white shirtdress never really goes out of style and is perfect to take you from the office to the post-work patio.
2. One Shoulder Tops: This is a slightly more timeless variation of the single-shoulder cut-outs and slouchy necklines that exposed half the collarbones on the runway this season.
3. Yellow: This colour is particularly popular right now with everyone from Jason Wu to Kate Spade showing it in their collections. And what rings in spring time and time again? Colour!
4. Khaki: This shade is perfect for warm weather and khakis always remind me of the 90s which are so on trend these days. That being said, nothing stays in style longer than a classic khaki trench coat.
5. Nautical Stripes: I feel like nautical patterns come back in style every spring when the beaches open up and the boats come out of storage. To add a trendy twist on an old favourite, try picking up a couple pieces with nautical stripes in red or turquoise instead of navy blue.
Incorporating today's hottest trends doesn't mean breaking the bank on pieces you'll have to throw out in a season or two. I hope this post has helped you find ways to stay on trend this season with a touch of timelessness.