Maybe I've been watching too many beauty bloggers on YouTube. Or Maybe it's been too long since I've splurged on some new makeup. Either way, I've found myself coveting some lovely products lately. I'll have to sell a lot of bottles of first-growth Bordeaux at work before I can take home everything on this list, but in the meantime, a girl can dream.
Click on the photos to shop.
1. MAC Lipstick in Costa Chic. I've been on the hunt for the perfect coral lipstick for spring, and I think I've finally found it.
2. Jo Malone Perfume in English Pear & Freesia. I keep hearing really good things about Jo Malone fragrances, and I certainly like the sound of this one. But I'll have to give it a good sniff in the shop before buying since I'm super picky when it comes to fragrances.
3. Estee Lauder Double Wear All Day Glow BB Makeup. Now that I'm having more and more good skin days, I'm laying off the heavy foundation for everyday wear. It's nice to have a simple, light, and fresh makeup look during the day when I don't have work or anyone seriously important to impress. I've never tried a BB Cream since I've always worn full coverage foundation up until now. But I from what I hear they are likely to be exactly what I need on my casual makeup days. I've also heard good things about this particular brand and it's got SPF which is super important to me.
4. MAC All the Right Angles Contour Palette. I'll be honest, I'm not at all a fan of heavy contouring. I know it's crazy trendy, but I think it's often too much makeup for a normal girl like me who doesn't constantly have cameras focused on her. That being said, I've been doing some light contouring lately and have been getting tons of compliments on my cheekbones which I thought were non-existent! Now that it's become a part of my makeup routine, it's probably time to invest in a proper contour and highlighting palette instead of just using my bronzer. I've got to be careful though not to get too carried away so I don't wind up looking like a Kardashian.
5. Lise Watier Variations de Nude Blush. I've never owned a multi-coloured blush palette so I think it's finally time I gave one a try. I like the idea of them, and I like that this particular one has both matte and iridescent shades.
6. MAC Eye Shadow Palette in Dusky Rose. What can I say? I love a good nude eye shadow palette. I think ones like this are brilliant because they can easily work for both day and night, and I love knowing that all the colours in one palette can be mix-and-matched. This particular one is perfect because it's full of colours that I don't already own and I love the pinkish tones for spring.
7. Clique Brow Shaper. Another makeup trend I'm not a huge fan of is the overly-done brow. Maybe it's because I have naturally bold eyebrows, but I think that when it comes to brow makeup, a little goes a very very long way. Still, I'm almost out of my current brow pencil and I much prefer applying that type of makeup with a brush so this little kit is ideal.
8. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. Yes, I know, I know, I should be using primer. It will change my life etc. But on a somewhat smaller budget it's never been a top priority for me before. I feel like real grown-up ladies use primer though, and I'm going to be 26 soon so it's about time I start.
9. Nars Sheer Glow Foundation. I know I said I was taking a step back from everyday foundation, but I still like to use it for workdays, nights out, and when Barack Obama comes for tea. I've recently fallen in love with my Nars Concealer so I'm very anxious to try their foundation and see if I love it too.
Wow that post was WAY longer than I intended! Sorry guys, who knew I had so much to say about makeup?