Happy Friday Linkup
I'm been feeling a little blue lately so I thought it was the right time for me to join the Happy Friday Linkup once again. Every Friday the lovely bloggers at Why Girls Are Weird, The Flynnigans, and My Pixie Blog invite us to share 10 things that made us happy this week.
Reflecting on the week's happiness is a wonderful way to bring an little extra gratitude into our lives, and it can also help cheer you up if you feel like you've been having a hard time. Focusing on the positive is always a ticket to a better mood!
That being said, here's what I'm grateful for and what made me happy this week:
1. Visiting my parents in my hometown. There's nothing like a trip home to visit family and take long walks along the river. Being closer to nature and catching up with my parents always give me a happiness boost.
2. Discovering a delicious new brunch spot: Saving Grace on Dundas West just East of Trinity Bellwoods Park. It's been around forever and is a well-known Toronto hot spot for brunch but I'd never been until recently!
3. Writing ALL this week's blog posts in advance. I'm off to a good start when it comes to my Big Blogging Goal of being more organized!
4. Making websites and posters. It's always nice to do something creative other than writing and have a chance to reconnect with my love of visual art and design.
5. Reading a good book. I'm reading The Massey Murder for school and loving it so far! Plus I love being able to read all day and call it homework!
6. The rooftop terrace in my building is opening this week so I can finally enjoy reading outside on the comfy lounge chairs and eating all my food off the barbecue.
7. Taking part in the How We Wore It blog collaboration was really fun and exciting. It was great to connect with other bloggers and I was so excited to be included with some seriously pro bloggers. I've been following some of their sites for ages!
8. Carrot Cake. This may seem silly, but this was some seriously amazing carrot cake with cream cheese icing. I felt crazily, unbelievably, ridiculously happy with every bite.
9. Good days at work. Sometimes a lot is out of my control and work isn't always easy. This week I'm grateful for smooth sailing on the job. Easy days are naturally happy days.
10. Several good nights sleep in a row. There's nothing like feeling rested and refreshed!
What's made you happy this week?