This Friday I'm joining a link-up hosted by fellow bloggers Krysten (from Why Girls Are Weird) and Lindsey (from The Flynnigans). Every Friday these two host the "10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week" link-up. Reflecting on our happy moments from the past week seemed like a good idea to me, so here we go...
10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week
1. Launching my online shop. This has been a goal of mine or a while, and it took a few false starts, but this week I finally took the plunge and I'm super excited to say I did it!
2. Sleeping in. After two weeks without a day off and waking up at 6:30am every day, I'm been enjoying the luxury of catching up on my sleep and taking naps. (my seriously guilty pleasure!)
3. Dinner with my Dad. I took my dad out for dinner for his birthday just the two of us. With a big crazy family it's extra special when we get to catch up without any distractions.
4. Getting back to the gym. I've been exercising more lately which always makes me feel great!
5. Writing again. I didn't get much time to write during my Publishing Residency last week so it's good to be back in the routine of putting pen to paper.
6. Visiting old friends. A good friend moved to Vancouver last year, but she is town this week. I only see her about twice a year so a visit from her is always a treat.
7. New money-making ventures. I recently signed up (and passed the test) to do some freelance transcription work from home. It doesn't pay loads of money if you're just starting out, but it's a good way to make some extra cash in my spare time.
8. Eating twice as many fruits & veggies. I don't know what has happened but I'm eating grapes and pomelos and kale salads like it's my job. And I feel great!
9. Being Healthy. Everyone around me is sick so I'm super grateful to have made it this far through winter without a cold!
10. The triple fudge brownie I bought from my favourite neighbourhood bakery. Sometimes it's all about the little things.
Happy Friday Internet!
PS: If you're in Toronto and are looking for a seriously good way to spend a Saturday night check this out. I promise you won't be disappointed!